VEGELIGHT™ 1214 LC
(Inci : Coconut Alkanes)
THE GREEN SOLUTION TO REPLACE VOLATILE SILICONES
VEGELIGHT™ is an exclusive and patented technology developped by Biosynthis.
From a chemical point of view, VEGELIGHT™ is composed by a specific blend of coconut alkanes, C12-C14 carbon chain length, mixed in an optimal ratio to obtain an ideal volatility. VEGELIGHT™ is obtained from coconut fatty alcohols according a green chemistry process.
Cosmetically speaking, VEGELIGHT™ is a green substitute of cyclomethycones which are not biodegradable and with the major drawback to have a very long remanence in environment.
VEGELIGHT™ is a colorless and odorless volatile solvent which is readily biodegradable.
VEGELIGHT™ can be used as solubiliser and/or dispersing agents without formation of a greasy film on skin surface.
VEGELIGHT™ is proposed as :
- a volatile cyclodimethicones replacer,
- a solubilizer of elastomers for a deep and long-lasting smoothing action,
- a green dispersing agent of pigments,
- a dispersing agent of mineral filters. For instance, dispersion of titanium and zinc oxides in VEGELIGHT™ allows to reach high SPF values (> 50).
- a hair brightness enhancer
- a hair smoothing and styling agent.
VEGELIGHT™ presents an excellent safety profile and is Cosmos approved.